The Home Builders Association of Fayetteville’s Workforce Development Committee’s mission is:
To support our members workforce needs by partnering with industry based learning programs offered through our local schools and colleges.
We have partnered with Fayetteville Technical Community College, Sandhills Community College, Cumberland County Schools and Hoke County Schools. Our goals each year are to:
- Host field trips with high school students to a HBAF trade member’s place of business
- Participate in career fairs
- Support internship and apprenticeship programs
- Make our members available to speak in classrooms
Build Your Workforce
Are you an employer looking for a pipeline of skilled workers? Do you want to create flexible training options that ensure workers develop the right skills? Then consider participating in the FTCC Apprenticeship Program. The program helps employers connect and build their workforce.
In addition to FTCC’s resources, the HBAF created an Employee Recruitment Tool. It provides the step-by-step process for Apprenticeship Programs.
Local Resources for Workforce Development
Visit these sites to learn more about local programs to help you with workforce development:
- Cumberland County Schools ICON (Innovative Career Opportunities Now)
- Cumberland County Schools CTE (Career and Technical Education)
- Fayetteville Technical Community College Skilled Trades Program
- Hoke County Schools CTE (Career and Technical Education)
- Sandhills Community College Construction and Trades Program
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
NAHB is partnering with educators, members and state and local HBA’s to address the housing industry’s labor shortages and to develop a skilled workforce for the future. Visit their site for more information.