Register for a Builder CE
HBAF Builder Education
As an approved NC Licensing Board for General Contractors education provider, the HBAF is offering CE courses throughout the year (no classes in December), either in-person or virtually, based on executive orders and CDC guidelines.
We offer 8-hour courses on a variety of topics for the electives, all of which are NC Builder Institute (NCBI) courses. Visit our Calendar of Events page and search Education to view our current schedule.
General Statute 87-10.2 states that North Carolina licensed general contractors will be required to complete continuing education (CE) beginning with 2021 license renewals.
- CE courses began in June 2020.
- 8-hours of CE must be completed in order to renew a license by at least one qualifier for licensees in the license classifications of Building, Residential and Unclassified. For the Unclassified license, it shall be the qualifier who has passed the Building examination.
- The 8-hour course requirement includes a mandatory 2-hour course produced by the NCLBGC Board with information about changes in the laws and rules and other content applicable to general contracting. The remaining 6-hours will be elective courses produced by outside Providers, submitted to and approved by the Board.
- You may take 8-hours of CE in one day or take them separately.
- The CE year begins January 1 and ends on November 30 annually. Classes will not be offered during the month of December.